Security Industry Association
How To Register
Candidates must complete the CSPM Examination Application Form and pay a $325.00 US non-refundable application fee. (Checks or money orders payable to the Security Industry Association are accepted.) The completed form and payment should be submitted to the address noted on the application form. Alternatively, candidates can complete the CSPM Examination Application Form and pay the $325 non-refundable application fee online in the SIA Online Store.
Please carefully review the eligibility requirements PRIOR to submitting the application and non-refundable application fee.
You may be contacted for clarifying information or supporting documentation. You will be notified of their eligibility status via email within two weeks of application.
PLEASE NOTE: By signing the CSPM application form, you attest that you have read and will abide by the Certification Agreement (found in the CSPM Handbook) and the Code of Professional Ethics. Failure to conform to either may result in disciplinary actions up to and including revocation of the credential should it be earned.
Special Testing Accommodations
SIA complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and is dedicated to ensuring that no eligible individual is deprived of the opportunity to take the exam due to a disability as defined under the ADA, as long as the disability is not one which would render the individual incapable of performing the duties of a certified position. Candidates who require special accommodations must make a specific written request for the type of accommodation needed at the time of application. The reason for the accommodation must be recognized under the ADA. Requests must include documentation of a formally-diagnosed ADA-recognized disability from a qualified professional who has provided evaluation or treatment to the applicant.
Schedule A Test
The CSPM exam can be taken using one of two methods.
- In-Person Exam: You can take the exam in person during one of our scheduled dates (typically held at the conclusion of a Security Project Management (SPM) training seminar)
- Computer-Based Testing: You can take the exam at a computer-based testing facility in your area and at your convenience.
Find A Location
Scantron delivers tests for some of the best testing programs in the world. Our mission is to provide you with a safe, secure, comfortable, and convenient testing experience.
We wish you good luck on your exam!
Prepare For Your Test
The design of the exam is based on the examination specifications, which define the content of the exam as well as the percentage of questions related to each topic (domain).
What Knowledge and Skills Does the CSPM Validate?
- Security Specific Knowledge such as
- Knowing the basic language and principles of IT and IP systems relating to a security project
- Security Project Planning Skills such as
- The ability to analyze project activity sequences and durations, identify potential constraints, allocate resources, and develop a project schedule
- Security Project Execution and Monitoring Skills such as
- The ability to competently implement a process for identifying and solving problems throughout the security project
- Project Closing Competencies such as
- The ability to validate and reconcile budgeted costs for final invoicing
- Management Skills such as
- Applying key time management concepts as applicable in an SPM setting
To prepare for the exam it is recommended that candidates:
- Review the CSPM Examination Specifications (the test blueprint) and the list of suggested references and study guide found in the CSPM Handbook.
- Obtain education or training in any areas of weakness.